Our teaching staff are represented by 237 full-time lecturers, among them 34 PhD Full Professors and 102 PhD Associate Professors, making together 67 % of the teaching staff.
We are proud to feature research schools as an efficient form to promote theoretical and practical studies.
The research profile is represented by
- The cognitive-discourse paradigm
- Anthropological linguistics and terminology
- Study of literature: theory & practice
- Multicultural & multilingual education (general and professional)
- Multicultural & multilingual education as a social transformations factor
- Training teachers of Russian as a foreign language
The Institute regularly holds international and all-Russia scientific conferences on the fundamental linguistic issues, which are attended by leading scientists from all over the world. The research data are represented in a variety of collections of papers, monographs, textbooks and conference proceedings.
The Institute offers post-graduate courses in Linguistics and Pedagogy:
- Theory and methods of teaching and education (foreign languages)
- Theory and methods of professional education
Our post-graduate students generously contribute to research and publications released by the MCU academic journal — MCU Vestnik that covers such topics as philology, theory of language, linguistic education, etc.
Best-performing post-graduates are nominated for national and Moscow awards for their academic achievements.
The Institute is running Dissertation Boards for the following specializations:
- Germanic Languages
- Theory of Language
- Comparative Linguistics and Linguistic Typology
- Foreign Literatures