The Institute of Foreign Languages was established in 2006, uniting the departments of English Studies and Romance and Germanic Languages. The Department of Asian Studies was established in 2007. Currently the Institute comprises 10 departments headed by leading Russian academics in the fields of linguistics and language education.
The Institute offers educational programs in teaching foreign languages and literature, translation, cross-cultural communication and Asian studies. All programs include study courses of 2 foreign languages on student’s choice.
Our faculty set high standards of language education by constantly improving the contents of training programs and instruction methods. We are proud to have native speakers of Chinese, Japanese, Italian, German and French teaching at our Institute.
The Institute promotes international cooperation with the foreign institutions. Today our best students are offered a wide variety of educational opportunities. They can spend one semester or a full year in China, Taiwan, US, France or Japan to improve language speaking skills; study an exchange semester in the UK, German or Japanese universities; undertake a teacher’s training internship in Germany or Italy; participate in the joint degree programme, which offers a Master’s degree at Bayreuth University, Germany.
- Bayreuth University, Germany
- University of Nottingham, England
- Milano Catholic University, Italy
- Parma University, Italy
- Tsukuba University, Japan
- Capital Normal University, Beijing
- Shanghai International Studies University, Shanghai
- Fudan University, Shanghai
- Institute of Foreign Languages Yuexiu, Shaoxing
- Suzhou (Soochow) University, Suzhou
- Nanjing University, Nanjing
- Chinese Culture University, Taipei
- National Chengchi University, Taipei
- Tamkang University, Taipei, and others.