The research at MCU is mostly focused on social and educational issues and is conducted at the laboratories of the Institute of System Projects, as well as specialized laboratories at the other institutes. Research findings are implemented in the MCU’s educational practices and research projects, as well as presented at international scientific events.
One of the key scientific conferences arranged by MCU is the annual International Symposium Education and City that connects educational experts from around the globe. The main objective of the Symposium is integrating the best international and Russian practices and promoting cooperation between cities and universities. The next Symposium will be held in Moscow in August 2021. Please visit the Symposium’s website for more details.
A number of dissertation boards are functioning at MCU, providing opportunities for PhD and doctoral thesis defense in the following research areas:
- Education science, history of pedagogy and education
- Theory and teaching methods (music, fine arts)
- Theory and teaching methods (mathеmatics, information technologies, IT-based education)
- Correctional pedagogy (surdopedagogy, tiflopedagogy, logopaedics, teaching visually impaired and differently abled children)
- Theory, methods and management of social and cultural activities
- Theory and teaching methods of professional education
Languages and Literature
- Russian literature
- Russian language
- Germaniс languages
- Theory of language
- Historical, typological and comparative language studies
- Foreign literature (West Europe, North and South America, 17—21 centuries)
- General psychology, personal psychology, history of psychology
- Educational psychology
- Correctional psychology
- History of philosophy
- Social philosophy
- Philosophical anthropology, philosophy of culture
Facts & Figures
The Number of Publications
The Number of Research Activities
Research by Departments
You can learn more about the research undertaken at MCU by visiting the research page of the relevant department or institute. For cross-disciplinary research please visit the Laboratories section.
The Academic Journal of Moscow City University
The Journal of Moscow City University (The MCU Journal) was established in 2008. Since then it has been publishing peer-reviewed papers both in Russian and English by MCU’s PhD degree students and faculty members, as well as researchers from other Russian and international universities. The Journal is included in the list of Russian scientific periodicals approved by the State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles.
The MCU Journal comprises 8 series that examine the latest findings in the following research areas: