To apply for one of the MCU’s educational programmes, please follow 8 simple steps. You can also fill in the online application form and we will contact you for further details.
MCU offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate educational programmes. To find a programme that most suits you, first decide upon the field of study based on your academic interests or subjects you are passionate about. Next, browse through MCU institutes that offer programmes relevant to your interests.
For easier search please use the Course Catalogue.
For short-term and exchange programmes please visit the corresponding sections of our website:
To check if you can apply for tuition-free education, see the list of countries eligible for state-funded education. Applicants from these countries will have to take entrance exams on equal terms with the Russian citizens.
MCU accepts international students for state-funded tuition under the Russian Government Scholarship. See more information about the scholarship on the official website.
Otherwise, applicants must cover tuition fees at their own expense or find a sponsor for financial aid.
After having chosen an educational programme, confirm if you need a visa to enter Russia at the Russian embassy in your country. You can also check the list of visa-free countries here.
If you do not require a visa, please contact our Admissions office.
For visa support please contact the International Relations department.
- Copy of ID
- Copy of a document detailing your education: studied subjects and achieved credits, degree if acquired
Official submission (after having passed the entrance exams)
- Copy of your passport and its translation into Russian signed and stamped by a notary
- Education certificate* and its translation into Russian signed and stamped by a notary
- Certificate of recognition (if education acquired in your country is not officially recognized in Russia). To apply for a certificate of recognition, please contact the State Center for Education Evaluation
*To check if education acquired in your country is officially recognized in Russia, please visit the State Center for Education Evaluation
- Certificate of health (if you apply for teacher’s training programmes)
- Visa application form (if you require a visa). Contact the International Relations Department to receive the application form
- Medical insurance
If you apply for fee-paying education, you will have to take the internal entrance exams at the institute that offers the training programme of your choice.
If you apply for state-funded education, you will have to take the unified entrance exams in the Russian language on equal terms with Russian citizens.
After having successfully passed the entrance exams, please pay tuition fees (if applicable).
When your payment is confirmed, MCU will issue an enrollment contract, which officially recognizes you as an MCU student. You will need this contract to apply for a Russian visa (if applicable). Please contact the International Relations Department for visa support.
To arrange for the documents confirming your residence in Russia for the study period, you are strongly advised to visit the International Relations Department within 2 business days upon arrival.
The International Relations Department will guide you through the registration process and explain further steps of how to acquire a multiple-entry visa.
Please, confirm specific deadlines with your coordinator as the dates may slightly differ each year.
- Autumn semester: 9 September – 31 January
- Spring semester: 9 February – 20 June
- Autumn semester: 11 January – 31 January
- Spring semester: 1 June – 20 June
- Autumn semester: 31 October
- Spring semester: 30 April