On May 25 MCU Rector Igor Remorenko met with Dr. Haohsiang Liao from Massachusetts Institute of Technology who was invited to deliver lectures for MCU students and teachers by the Institute of Mathematics, Information Technologies and Natural Sciences. The meeting was also attended by Director of the Institute Sergey Grigoryev, Head of the IT-based Education Department Vadim Grinshkun and Deputy Head of the International Relations Department Ashot Dzhanumov.
Key discussion issues:
- MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses):
– Designing open educational courses, including funding, development and promotion.
– Comparing major digital education platforms (MOOC, Coursera, EdX, MITx)
- Challenges and innovations in education, MIT experience
- Cooperation prospects between MCU and MIT.
Dr. Haohsiang Liao delivered a series of lectures on digital technologies in education at the Institute of Foreign languages and Institute Mathematics, Information Technologies and Natural Sciences, including a lecture for the students of the International Baccalaureate master’s degree program.
This visit is part of the open lectures project that invites renowned international scholars and specialists to share their experience at MCU, and is aimed at promoting cooperation between MCU and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which is the world’s leading center for innovation and technologies.