Visa & Registration
International students and faculty are provided with the following types of support by the International Relations Department:
An invitation letter is necessary to apply for a Russian student visa.
Please contact the International Relations Department in order to issue an invitation.
Fill in the application for invitation and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within 25 working days, you will receive an electronic invitation via e-mail. Please, print out the invitation and submit it together with the visa application and other required documents to the Russian Embassy in your country.
Confirm the list of the required documents at the official website of the Russian Embassy in your country.
Sample of Electronic Invitation:
A migration card is an identity document used in Russia for foreign nationals. You will be given a migration card at the customs upon arrival.
- You should keep with you your passport with the registration form and migration card attached to it at all times.
- In case you lose either your registration form or migration card, please contact the International Relations Department.
Sample of a migration card:
- Do I need to extend my visa?
Foreign nationals can stay in Russia during the period stated by their visas.
If you plan to stay in Russia longer than the period stated by your visa, please apply for visa extension at the International Relations Department.
- You must apply for visa extension not later than 45 calendar days before the expiry date of your visa. Please, do not plan any trips 2 weeks prior to the expiry date of your visa.
- Please inform your curator and the International Relations Department of any trips around Russia or abroad beforehand.
- How to extend my visa?
Prepare the required documents:
- A copy of all pages of your passport (including blank ones);
- A copy of your migration card;
- A copy of your registration;
- A confirmation of the state duty payment
- 2 photos
- Certificate of enrollment
- A copy of your admission directive
- Visa application (printed from both sides of 1 paper and filled out in writing)
If you have any questions regarding the list of documents, please contact the International Relations Department.
Submit the documents in person to the International Relations Department.
- Please be informed that your passport will be send to the Russian Migration Authorities for visa extension. You will receive your passport with a new visa within 2 working days after submittal.
After receiving the new visa, please re-apply for your registration within 1 working day.