VALERU – Tempus Validation of Non-Formal/Informal Learning in Russian Higher Education (2013–2017, finished)
Project ID 544405-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-AT-TEMPUS-SMHES
The VALERU Tempus Project is aimed to develop mechanisms and train human resources for non-formal/informal learning validation to promote the sustainable development of higher education in Russia.
Innovative solutions, such as informal and non-formal learning, might contribute to the strategic development of Russian education and increase its competitiveness. However, the Russians involve poorly in these educational formats due to a lack of learning outcomes validation. Implementation of learning outcomes validation would improve the dynamics of some perspective educational sectors, including informal and non-formal learning, and thus contribute to human potential development and reforming the existing education system. To achieve the goal, the following steps had to be taken:
- To monitor a non-formal and informal learning system in various educational segments;
- To identify adapted successful models;
- To understand how the systems would function in Russia;
- To correlate the Russian national system with international ones;
- To reveal whether non-formal and informal learning is relevant and necessary for the competitive and successful future of Russia;
- To develop administrative procedures in the field of non-formal and informal learning;
- To develop criteria and methods for non-formal and informal learning outcomes assessment.
- Development of a national methodological basis for validating non-formal/informal learning in higher education, that conforms with European best practices and is in line with Bologna and the strategic objectives of EU 2020;
- Establishment of a platform on validation of non-formal/informal learning in higher education based at the Bologna Club, a Russian network of higher education institutions;
- Establishment of a pool of experts through their training in the field of validating non-formal/informal learning outcomes;
- Implementation of the validation of non-formal/informal learning in the Russian partner higher education institutions.
Danube University Krems, Austria — Project Coordinator
Berlin University of Professional Studies, Germany (project partner between December 2013 and January 2016)
University of Chester, United Kingdom
Moscow City University, Russia
Ufa State Petroleum Technological University (project partner Ufa State University of Economics and Service was merged with Ufa State Petroleum Technological University in June 2016), Russia
More details on the project are available on the VALERU Website