On February 25—27, MCU’s Research Institute of Urban Studies and Global Education invites teachers, librarians, students, degree seekers, parents, and school students to participate in the 4th International Conference “Children’s Literature as a Phenomenon”.
The program of the Conference will comprise lectures, roundtable sessions, seminars, and presentations on the most urgent issues of the history and development of children’s and young adult literature.
Within the Conference, the following topics will be discussed:
- History of children’s literature as a developing and educational source for parents, educators, and librarians;
- The “landscape” of contemporary children’s literature;
- Educational and psychological toolset for the analysis of children’s literature;
- Informing and communicating of modern readers;
- Fanfiction: the evolution of the phenomenon, needs and motifs of the participants of the fandom;
- Inevident sources of methodical ideas in the field of teaching reading;
- Social aspects of reading: the culture of participation, reading projects with social effect, social literature;
- Events on children’s literature: the experience of participation, methods of organization.