To apply for one of the MCU ‘s educational programs, please follow 8 simple steps. You can also fill in the online application form and we will contact you for further details.
MCU offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate educational programs. To find a program that most suits you, first decide upon the field of study based on your academic interests or subjects you are passionate about. Next, browse through MCU institutes that offer programs relevant to your interests.
For easier search please use the Program filter.
For short-term and exchange programs please visit the corresponding sections of our website:
To check if you can apply for a tuition-free education, see the list of countries eligible for state-funded education. Applicants from these countries will have to take entrance exams on equal terms with the Russian citizens.
Otherwise, applicants must cover tuition fees at their own expense or find a sponsor for financial aid.
After having chosen an educational program, confirm if you need a visa to enter Russia at the Russian embassy in your country. You can also check the list of visa-free countries here.
If you do not require a visa, please contact our Admissions office.
For visa support please contact International Relations department.
- Copy of ID
- Copy of a documentdetailing your education: studied subjects and achieved credits, degree if acquired
Official submission (after having passed the entrance exams)
- Copy of your passport and its translation into Russian signed and stamped by notary
- Education certificate* and its translation into Russian signed and stamped by notary
- Certificate of recognition (if education acquired in your country is not officially recognized in Russia). To apply for certificate of recognition, please contact the State Center for Education Evaluation
*To check if education acquired in your country is officially recognized in Russia, please visit the State Center for Education Evaluation
- Certificate of health (if you apply for teacher’s training programs)
- Visa application form (if you require a visa). Contact International Relations department to receive the application form
- Medical insurance
If you apply for fee-paying education, you will have to take the internal entrance exams at the institute that offers the training program of your choice.
If you apply for state-funded education, you will have to take the unified entrance exams in Russian language on equal terms with Russian citizens.
After having successfully passed the entrance exams, please pay tuition fees (if applicable).
When your payment is confirmed, MCU will issue an enrollment contract, which officially recognizes you as an MCU student. You will need this contract to apply for a Russian visa (if applicable). Please contact the International Relations department for visa support.
To arrange for the documents confirming your residence in Russia for the study period, you are strongly advised to visit the International Relations Department within 2 business days upon arrival.
International relation’s team will guide you through the registration process and explain further steps of how to acquire a multiple-entry visa.
Please, confirm specific deadlines with your coordinator as the dates may slightly differ each year.
- Autumn semester: 9 September – 31 January
- Spring semester: 9 February – 20 June
- Autumn semester: 11 January – 31 January
- Spring semester: 1 June – 20 June
- Autumn semester: 31 October
- Spring semester: 30 April