The Institute of Foreign Languages offers 4-year full-time Bachelor’s degree programs, 2-year Master’s degree programs, as well as PhD research opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree programs
|Field of study
|Asian and African Studies
||Asian Language and Literature (Japanese, Chinese)
||Teaching Foreign Languages (English, German, French, Italian)
||Teaching English and Russian as a Foreign Language
||Theory and Practice of Cross-cultural Сommunication (English, German, French).
|Translation Studies (English, Chinese, Japanese).
|Russian as a Second Language (for the students from Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore)
Russian Language and Culture for Chinese and Japanese-speaking students
The Center for Russian-Chinese Cooperation (since 2008) is for the students from Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore, and also — from other countries whose native language is Chinese / Mandarin or Japanese.
The aim of the Center is teaching Russian language, culture, history. We accept students from partner universities and also everyone who wants to study — for 1 semester, 1 academic year, the summer school (August, July-August).
The Center is integrated with the Chinese Language Department of MCU (its Russian section). Our teachers are professional experts in Russian language, culture, literature, history, with Ph.D. background, most of them speak Chinese perfectly (to ease the communication and to teach Translation / Interpreter classes).
The Center can accept students both with the advanced Russian language level (3-year or so students or MA students), and beginners. Usually 2-3 groups of students and trainees are studying in the Center at one time.
The Center provides students with a comfortable dormitory.
The leading universities in Mainland China and Taiwan are our long time partners, sending the students and trainees to study and accepting the Chinese language students from MCU.
Also, for sure, the students can submit their own applications themselves.
Exchange students and trainees do not pay tuition and accommodation fees.
Our long-term partners:
- Capital Normal University, Beijing
- Shanghai International Studies University, Shanghai
- Fudan University, Shanghai
- Institute of Foreign Languages Yuexiu, Shaoxing
- Suzhou University, Suzhou
- Nanjing University, Nanjing
- Chinese Culture University, Taipei
- National Chengchi University, Taipei
- Tamkang University, Taipei
Now the negotiations are underway with some other universities in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
The Center also considers applications from individual students and students on state grants.
For more information please contact our Center by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Online study course (96 hours) is designed for Russian language learners of A-1 (elementary) proficiency level to develop language skills for everyday communication, as well as Russian for business and tourism.
2. Contact study course (20 hours).
3. Summer RFL study courses.
4. Teacher’s training program “Russian as a Foreign Language”.
5. Conferences, seminars and workshops on approaches to teaching RFL.
Russian Language and Culture
It is a one-term exchange program. Duration: 16 weeks (usually in spring, starting second week of February – until the beginning of June, with one-week holidays in May. At the end of study, students are issued a certificate and a transcript.
The course consists of two core modules:
1. Practical Russian including conversation classes, the video course and the course in Business Russian.
2. Russian Culture. This module aims to give a general introduction to Russian culture and has a purposefully broad scope, combining evidence from visual and applied arts, architecture, music, food, traditions and attitudes.
Apart from core modules, international students can also choose optional modules that they attend together with regular Russian students, in order to maximize their exposure to Russian, both formally and informally.
For more information please contact Professor Vladislav Alpatov, Coordinator of the program.