Department of Teaching English and Business Communication
The academic and research priorities of the Department are:
- equilibrium between the English language teaching and linguistic aspects of studying it;
- student research encouraging;
- creativity motivation and intellectual liberty of teachers and students.
The most prominent research areas of the Department are:
- intercultural foreign language education;
- professional phonetic training for students ;
- cognitive semantics and terminology, which include issues of cognitive and corpus linguistics, onomatology and topology, onomasiology and sociolinguistics in a broad context.
The Department provides various internships for its students:
- during a sociocultural internship, students immerse into social and cultural environment of Moscow;
- introductory language internship aims to acquaint students with basics of lexis, grammar, and articulation, which are essential for successful intercultural communication;
- schools of the city invite future teachers to practise their teaching skills.
tel.: +7 (495) 607-12-18
address: room 208, 5b Malyi Kazyonnyi pereulok, Moscow, 105064